Sunday, July 27, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
The functionality of flats are amazing. I always feel so put together when I wear them. The older I get the less and less I apologize for wearing them. Sure, I would love to wear 4 inch heels everyday, but the reality is....THEY ARE NOT COMFORTABLE!!!!! I have not had one pair of high heels that didn't start agitating me after the first three hours. I wish Anna Wintour deemed them as fashion icon acceptable. When I first watched The Devil Wears Prada, I thought I was so LAME for wearing anything less than heels. My taste and ideas changed with maturity. For goodness sakes Anna Wintour is a multi-millionaire and has personal chaffeur.I would wear high heels every day. Until that day comes, I will definitely be sporting a stylish pair of flats every chance I get. Besides, a woman of true style can make any shoe look amazing.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
It took me a while to get past my teenage make-up offenders. It wasn't until I was 25 that I really learned the role that foundation and concealer played in a full face make-up look. However, I was still treading thin ice in the make-up DON'T S group home. It wasn't until I was 28 that I really learned how to get the best use out of my foundation and concealer. I attribute most of my education to the following:
- LONG HOURS OF STALKING YOUTUBE BEAUTY GURUS/INFLUENCERS
- WATCHING MY FRIEND, SHINNICE, APPLY HER MAKEUP EVERYTIME WE GOT PREPARED TO HAVE A NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN. (WHICH BY THE WAY IS STILL ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO WHEN I'M IN HER PRESENCE)
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
- TRIAL AND ERROR WITH DIFFERENT MAKE-UP BRANDS ( THIS IS HOW YOU LEARN WHAT WORKS THE BEST FOR YOUR SKIN AND COMPLEXION)
There is so much to learn about make-up and I am still learning as the days go by. But, I am totally up for the challenge.I have decided to create a Beginners Make-up Series. I want this series to fill in any gaps that you may have about the basic techniques of make-up application. I hope that my latest post and video inspires you to feel more confident when applying your foundation.
PRODUCTS USED FOR FACE ONLY:
PRIMER-HARD CANDY SHEER PEFERCTING PRIMER
FOUNDATION- MAYBELLINE FIT ME 360 IN MOCHA MOCHA
CONCEALER- MAYBELLINE FIT ME IN CAFE CAFE
FACE POWDER- COVERGIRL QUEEN PRESSED MATTE POWDER IN MEDIUM DEEP
BRUSHES: REAL TECHNIQUES BUFFING BRUSH
BEAUTY SPONGE- SOHO BEAUTY SPONGE
Monday, July 7, 2014
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Monday, June 30, 2014
I am starting to form a better relationship with Mondays. I use to hate Mondays, but now I completely understand that its not really Monday that is the issue. It is the way that I chose to spend my weekends. I am starting to have more structure in my life and value my time so much more than before. This past Sunday was perfect, I went to church, shot photos for my blog, edited some a video for youtube, straightened up my apartment and did my budget. I even had some downtime to read. It was great. I felt really accomplished and it helped me transition in to Monday with more gratitude.
I have owned this dress for almost six years now and it never gets old me. It is the epitome of late 70's early 80's fashion. I am totally in love with it. Whenever my modern clothes fail me, I know that my vintage pieces are there to renergize my love for clothes. All it takes is a vintage dress, a bold lip and statement necklace to lift my spirits and I am officially back in action
Saturday, June 28, 2014
This summer I discovered that the trends are a little more appealing than its previous season. I still choose not to indulge. I may purchase one or two items, but it will have to be something I can see myself wearing five years from now. I have come up with a few ways to sport trends and feel updated even when your budget won't allow you to.
1. Shop your closet, there may be something in there that you can style to make it look trendy. Color blocking never ceases to steal the show.
2. Wear basics and accessorize with colorful shoes, jewelry, or a purse that you already own. Add a pop of color that is trending at the moment. Accessories count too!
3. Get creative and go trendy with your makeup. Research the latest trends and use it to apply your make-up. This will make you feel attractive and knowledgeable about what the beauty and fashion industry is doing to compliment one another.
4. Try a trendy hair style that you can DIY.
Wearing: Top-Tahari for Von Maur, Skirt- Express, Purse-Vintage, Shoes-Colin Stuart for Victoria Secret, Earrings- Unknown, Eye Shadow- BH Cosmetics, Lipstick- MAC in Morange